MWC G10 300m / 1000ft Water resistant Limited Edition Brushed Black PVD Steel Military Watch with Sapphire Crystal on NATO Strap
SKU Code: G10PV3UK/LTD
This watch is a Limited Edition of the 300m G10 in a brushed black PVD stainless steel case. Normally we manufacture this watch with a steel bracelet but a number of both resellers and private customers requested that the satin case bracelet watch be made available with a NATO strap, fortunately we had a small quantity of cases available which were going to be used for future production and this enabled us to produce a limited quantity of this watch.
The MWC 300m / 1000ft water resistant G10 models have the highest water resistance rating of any G10 / General Service watch anywhere in the world. The watch has a highly scratch resistant sapphire crystal and an incredible 10 year battery life. Although this G10/98 Specification watch like many of our other variants traces it's origins right back to our earliest G10 designs in the 1980's this model is totally updated and no other General Service watch currently in production can beat it's specification.
When MWC secured a contract to produce this model it was specified that the watch should a heavy duty screwback case, 300m water resistance, sapphire crystal and screw down crown. The end result of all these improvements means that the specification of the 300m water resistant general service watch is totally unique, these models offer the perfect combination of low maintenance and high durability.
The back of the case bears various contract markings in addition to the unique serial number.
- Case Diameter: 40mm Excluding the crown
- Case Diameter: 42mm Including the crown
- Lug to Lug: 46mm
- Thickness: 13mm
- Weight: 66g
- Dial Color: Black
- Luminosity: Super Luminova
- Case Material: 316L PVD Stainless Steel
- Caseback: Screw down, 316L Stainless Steel
- Crown: Screw Down 316L PVD Stainless Steel
- Water Resistance: 30atm (300m/1000ft)
- Battery: CR2016 Lithium - Estimated life 10 years
- Crystal: Sapphire *
- Movement: Ronda 715li with date window
- Strap: Black 20mm NATO Strap
* A lot of people ask us what are the benefits of sapphire crystal over a standard mineral crystal? The answer is that synthetic sapphire is by far the best material for watch crystals because it is very strong and also shatter and scratch resistant, these characteristics make it very appealing to military and security personnel, police officers and people who lead active outdoor lifestyles, these groups account for over 70% of our customers. To get things into perspective we find that when clients have accidents with watches resulting in a cracked crystal over 90% are usually watches with mineral glass crystals, even factoring in that we use hardened mineral crystals they still do not come close to sapphire for durability under adverse conditions. The reason that sapphire crystals are so strong is that after the sapphire glass is manufactured it is also heat-treated to remove its internal stresses—which can cause weakness—it is then made into the watch crystals and two layers of anti-reflective coating are applied, interestingly sapphire crystal is now used on the latest iPhone. Of course sapphire crystal comes at a price hence you find that it's normally only fitted to higher end watches.